Everyone in his young age wants to travel abroad and have some fun but Alas! where to get all that money while studying and having no job? Don’t worry we’ve gotten that covered! Today, I am introducing you to a fully funded scholarship program which not only will take you to USA but will also provide you with enough stipend that you’ll be able to travel inside USA and live your American Dream.
So, folks, the Global UGRAD Exchange program is a fully funded opportunity and when I say fully funded, I literally mean FULLY FUNDED. You won’t have to pay a single penny from your pocket. So, let’s get straight to it. What is an exchange program? You must have been thinking, well, in an exchange program you go study abroad at one of the Global UGRAD’s partner institutions (universities) for one semester and hence exchanging your semester with your home university. This get’s tricky because most of the times students have to come back and study an extra semester and it doesn’t really become an exchange. But anyways you still get to go to USA and I, as an alumnus, can tell you that it’s still worth it.
So, students, who are in 2nd or 3rd year of universities buckle up to apply for this amazing program.
Global UGRAD Timeline
The program timeline is like this:
- The application opens in Oct/Nov every year.
- Around 600 applicants from all over Pakistan are shortlisted for an in person interview in Feb/March.
- Around 250 applicants are selected, half for Fall semester and the other half for spring.
- The visa process for Fall grantees begins in June/July and they leave for USA in August.
- The visa process for Spring grantees begin in Oct/Nov and they leave in January for USA.
- Grantees study one semester in USA and get to have first hand experience of American culture.
The whole process is very smooth and transparent so if anyone tells you there is a “parchi system” or “sifarish” working, he is just one of those leg-pullers you’ll meet everywhere who’ll try to stop you from doing anything constructive for yourself.
The eligibility criteria is very simple. You just have to be a university student and be in 2nd or 3rd year of university (14th or 15th year of formal education). Your field of study doesn’t matter. Students from less privileged areas are preferred, so, here is a chance for you if you couldn’t score a place in burger university because of whatever reason.
Following is the eligibility criteria as per their website.
- Pakistani citizens
- 25 years or younger
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities
- Serious interest in learning about the United States
- High level of academic achievement, as indicated in grades, awards and reference letters
- Proficiency in English
- Students from diverse backgrounds, especially those students who have not previously had opportunities to travel internationally are encouraged to apply
Whom They Select
Usually people think they select some alien level brainiacs for scholarships like these but you’ll be amazed to know that it’s not true. The grantees belong to different schools of thought from nerds to back benchers and from introverts to extroverts. All they have is the courage to apply and a desire to achieve greatness. You don’t need to have a bag full of achievements and certificates to get selected, yes, they do help but that is not a compulsion and people get selected even without them.
You need scanned copies of your original Metric, FSc, and University transcripts and you’ll have to write a 250 words Personal Statement. To learn how to write a jackass personal statement please visit: How to Write a Global UGRAD Personal Statement.
You’ll also need to have scanned copies of your community services’, extracurricular and co-curricular activities’ certificates.
Frequently Asked Questions
If this is your first time I highly recommend you to read the Frequently Asked Questions
How to apply
To apply you’ll have to submit an online application. To apply please visit: Global UGRAD Program